- 1/2 lb bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of 15 4oz ramekins.
- Sprinkle with sugar, tapping to remove extra sugar.
- In double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter.
- Whisk until thoroughly melted.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar and flour until just blended Gradually whisk the chocolate into the egg mixture until combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins, using about 1/3 cup for each Place the ramekins on a baking sheet for 10-12 minutes until the tops are firm and beginning to crack and the edges are set Remove from oven and serve immediately with ice cream.