- 4 small whole wheat tortillas or 4 small corn tortillas
- 1 large Tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Black Bean Dip
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- 7 1/2 ounces black beans, from the can, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare 1/2 cup black bean dip: saute onions in the oil for about two minutes until they soften, stirring in the garlic and jalapeno and cooking for one minute more; put the beans in a food processor, add the onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and spread 2 tablespoons of black bean dip on top of each; top with tomato and cabbage and bake for 10 minutes; remove the pizzas from the oven and sprinkle cilantro on each; cool slightly and cut into wedges.