- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup kale, stems removed, shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup colby cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 32 inches whole wheat tortillas
- 6 ounces canned pink salmon, flaked
- Heat 1 teaspoons of the olive oil in a medium (10-inch) nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place the kale in the skillet and cook until just wilted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with the kosher salt or sea salt. Remove the kale from the skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the shredded cheeses. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining teaspoon of olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Place one tortilla in the bottom of the skillet.
- Top half of the tortilla with 1/4 cup of the kale, one-quarter of the flaked salmon and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese mixture.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling and cook for one minute, pressing down lightly with the back of a spatula.
- Using tongs, gently flip the quesadilla over and cook another minute or two, until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining three tortillas and fillings.
- Cut each quesadilla into three triangles. Serve immediately with guacamole, tomato salsa and non-fat sour cream, if desired