- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles (no need to cook!)
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- Brown meat and onion in skillet. Drain off fat.
- Add jar of spaghetti sauce and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes (if the sauce is too thick, you may want to add about a 1/2 cup of water to thin it).
- In a separate bowl, combine all the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese (except reserved 1/2 cup) and the egg.
- Mix thoroughly. Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of crock cooker. Add *two* layers of uncooked lasagna noodles (broken into small pieces to make them fit) and then top with cheese mixture.
- Repeat with sauce, noodles, and cheese mixture until all are used.
- Sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella on very top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for approximately 3 hours.