- 500 g squid, tubes
- 125 g flour
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Slice squid tubes in to rings.
- Combine flour and cajun seasoning in a ziploc bag and toss.
- Deep fry for 30/40 seconds.
- In a food processor, process everything except the oil.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Place into a bowl for 30mins for the flavours to develop.
- Serve on the side or drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the calamari.