- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 ounces pasta (any shape)
- 3 ounces firm tofu, cubed
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- red pepper powder
- Boil pasta according to package directions but only till its almost done.
- Wash and clean the spinach and steam with a little water for 4 minutes in the microwave.
- Once it is steamed, blenderize it with the same water to get a spinach paste which is kind of watery
- In a large non stick skillet, heat oil.
- When oil gets hot, add the chopped garlic.
- When the garlic is slightly browned add the onions and stir fry till the onions turn brown.
- Add the tofu and stir fry till the tofu changes color a bit and looks slightly as if it has been fried.
- At this point add the red pepper flakes/powder and stir. Immediately add the the spinach paste
- Let it simmer.
- Add salt.
- When the water from the spinach reduces add the semi cooked pasta and let it cook completely. If you think more water is needed add that.
- I don't add cheese, but can also do the last step in the oven with mozzarella on top.
- I like this hot and cold--tastes good every way.