- 1 loaf crusty bread, sliced into 10 slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon finely diced onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons parsley
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Mix oil and garlic let sit 10 minutes.
- Lightly brush oil mixture on both side of bread. Grill over high heat to mark and toast both sides of the bread.
- Meanwhile mix tomatoes, onion, herbs into the remaining oil and garlic adding the balsamic, salt and pepper to taste.
- This is quick so don`t go away from the bread!
- Top each slice with some mixture and serve.