- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 lb asparagus, chopped in 1 inch lengths
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the onions on medium-low heat.
- Cook for 4 minutes, then add the garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute, then add the rice.
- Stir until well coated.
- Add 1/2 cup of stock to the rice, stirring until absorbed.
- Then add the asparagus.
- Continue adding the stock in 1/2 cup increments, stirring after each addition until the stock has been absorbed.
- (Should take about 20-25 minutes.) Add the cream, cheese, and basil stirring gently to combine.