- 1 lb mushroom
- 3 slices bacon, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop fine.
- Put bacon, stems, onion, and garlic in a frying pan and saute in small amount butter or olive oil.
- Cook until onion is soft, then drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Stuff mushroom caps with this mixture.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 375F degrees for 10 minutes