- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 425ml
- 1 cup pecans, chopped 250 ml
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed 250 ml
- 1 cup oatmeal, 250 ml
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups caramel sauce, 375 ml
- 8 cups vanilla ice cream, softened 2ltr
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Combine flour, pecans, sugar, and oats in a large bowl. Add margarine and mix well. Pat this mixture on a large baking sheet with sides. Bake at 400F stirring occasionally for 15 minutes Crumble while warm. Cool.
- Press half of crumb mixture into a 9 x 13 pan. Drizzle with half the sauce.
- Spread ice cream over crumb mixture and add remaining crumbs and sauce. Cover and freeze. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- ( line pan first with saran, wax paper or parchment paper, so it lifts out of dish easily to a flat surface for slicing)Also, I cut it and wrap in saran individual pieces to take out of freezer when needed. This is an extremely rich dessert so I cannot judge portions. I would not serve more than about a 3" square per person.
To Make Caramel Sauce:
- In heavy saucepan, bring sugar, corn syrup, butter and water to a boil over med. heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool slightly. Stir in cream. Sauce.
- will thicken.