- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/8 cup wheat germ (heaping)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- Heat milk, sugar and cocoa powder over high heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
- Take off heat and stir in vanilla and peanut butter; stir until peanut butter has melted completely.
- Stir in wheat germ and oatmeal.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto wax paper or eat immediately.
- As I noted above, this recipe is VERY flexible. If you don't have wheat germ or flax seed, just use more oatmeal. The recipe above should work out just perfectly and does most of the time, but if your cookies come out crumbly, use less oatmeal next time. If they never set, use more oatmeal next time.