- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Line eight 2 1/2 inch muffin cups with paper bake cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together th flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, soda, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the egg white, molasses, water, and oil.
- All molasses mixture to dry mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when pressed lightly in center.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm, or cool on a wire rack.