- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar (aka superfine sugar)
- 1/2 cup plain flour or 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 100 g slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- zest of one orange
- 1/4 cup orange juice (1 to 1.5 oranges)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (1 to 2 lemons)
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees centigrade.
- Grease a 24cm pie dish. (The pie will totally fill this dish). You can use a smaller pie dish with high sides or any oven-proof dish large enough to take the mixture.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and process for one minute.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie dish and bake 30-40 minutes. When cooked the top will be golden and the filling should be just a little wobbly when the dish is shaken.
- The tart will continue to set as it cools. Serve the tart chilled and dust with icing sugar just prior to serving.
- (Note: to toast the almonds- add them to a dry non-stick frypan and stir over heat until lightly golden and toasted.)