- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (for sprinkling)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1/4 cup basil sprig, chopped
- Place the chicken between two sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap and flatten to about 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dip chicken in the egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is fork tender and no pink remains.
- While chicken is cooking, bring water to a boil for pasta.
- When chicken is cooked, pour spaghetti sauce into pan around chicken (but not covering it). Turn heat to low and heat sauce thoroughly.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Place the angel hair on a serving platter, top with the chicken breasts.
- Pour the sauce over chicken and sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Garnish with the parsley or basil.