- 5 jumbo eggs (or 7 large eggs)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 roasted garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1 1/2 cups any blend shredded cheese
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- Mix the first six ingredients (eggs, bacon, milk, garlic, lemon pepper and salt) in a bowl. Set aside.
- Lay the flour tortilla in a glass pie dish, press gently - does not need to lay perfectly flat against dish. I don't spray it prior and have never had any issues with it sticking. Especially when made using a glass pie pan.
- Sprinkle only 1/2 cup cheese on tortilla.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and the spinach onto tortilla in layers, and press gently. I don't chop or tear the spinach but you might opt to do this.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach, be careful not to pour any outside of tortilla as this causes it to stick to pan.
- Bake in oven at 365 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. Insert fork in center and it should come out clean.
- Use sharp knife to cut into pie slices and serve hot.
- Other options: Instead of garlic, you can use 1/4 cup onions. For added flavor, serve with homemade salsa.