- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup finely diced walnuts
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- butter flavored Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray baking pan with pam.
- Place chicken in large ziplock bag and pour buttermilk in bag. Squish bag a bit to make sure chicken is evenly covered by the buttermilk. Place in fridge to marinate for several hours.
- Combine breading ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Take chicken breasts, one at a time and dip both sides in breading, then place in pan.
- Liberally spray top of chicken with pam, until they are golden in color. (This helps them brown without having to add butter or oil.).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until done. Baking time will depend on the size of the chicken breasts.
- When serving, to help the bottom breading stay on the chicken, use a spatula and a table knife. Carefully slide the spatula under the chicken, then use the knife to push the chicken off the spatula. That will help the breading stay in place rather than sticking to the pan or to the spatula.