- 6 small yukon gold potatoes (about 2 lb/900 g) or 6 medium yukon gold potatoes (about 2 lb/900 g)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub potatoes and pierce with knife.
- Place potatoes on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender when pierced.
- Remove from oven; increase heat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a metal spatula, flatten each potato into uneven rounds so flesh squishes out.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Flip potatoes and drizzle with remaining oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 12 minutes or until outer edges and skins are crispy and golden.