Easy Chicken Pot Pie RecipeIngredients:
- 1/2 cup white pearl onion (chopped, buy them frozen, it's so much easier)
- 1/2 cup baby carrots (sliced into pieces)
- 2 celery ribs (chopped into slices)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground (or more to taste)
- 2 -3 chicken breasts (poached in salt water ripped or cubed)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 -2 cup chicken broth (organic is preferred)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (this may vary depending on how salty your broth is, taste before you add any)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (curly is great, but flat leaf will work too)
- 4 pepperidge farms puff pastry shells
- Place 1-2 pastry shells on foil lined cookie sheet for each person who will be dining and cook according to the package directions. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Place all the veggies into another sauce pot filled with boiling, salted water. Cook until carrots are tender (usually 5-8 minutes) and pierced easily with a fork. Drain veggies and set aside.
- In a sauce pot melt two tablespoons butter over medium heat and add 2 ½ tablespoons flour. Combine flour and butter and allow to bubble and cook (do not let it brown). Add chicken broth a little at a time and whisk to combine. Combination will thicken quickly so be sure to add more broth as needed to create a sauce that coats the back of a spoon.
- Lower heat to Low and add in freshly chopped parsley, grind in black pepper and salt to taste. Depending on the chicken broth you use, you may not need to add salt so be sure to taste the sauce before seasoning.
- Add the veggies and chicken to the sauce.
- To plate, grab pastry shells, pop out the center with a fork and spoon in the pot pie filling. Sprinkle with any remaining fresh parsley and -- enjoy.