- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- whipped cream, for garnish
- chocolate curls, for garnish
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over gently boiling water.
- Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon colored; gradually stir in about one quarter of the melted chocolate.
- Add the yolks and chocolate to the remaining chocolate in the double boiler, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the rum, almond extract and nutmeg.
- Beat the egg white until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into stemmed glasses or demitasse cups and chill.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate curls.