- 1 cup butter (only real butter can be used in this recipe)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely broken pecans
- In heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, water, and salt.
- Cook to hard-crack stage (300°F) stirring constantly and watching carefully.
- Immediately pour into ungreased 13"x9" pan.
- Cool until hard.
- Melt chocolate over hot, but not boiling water.
- Spread over toffee; sprinkle with nuts, pressing them into chocolate.
- Let stand 2-3 hours or chill 30 minutes.
- Break into bite-size pieces.