- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced jicama (I left this out)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped (about 2 tsp)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt
- If using fresh corn, either grill the corn on an outdoor grill, roast in the oven or cook briefly in boiling water
- Slice the kernels from the cobs.
- (If using frozen corn, thaw it under cool running water.) In a large bowl, combine corn, bell peppers, jícama, if you decide to use it, and black beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, mirin, olive oil, chipotles, cilantro, cumin and salt.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss to mix.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Garnish with a few cilantro leaves before serving.